- Stop teeth grinding with a mouthguard
- Protect your mouth from sports injuries
- There’s no messy goo with digital impressions
If you or a family member play sports, you probably wear at least some protective gear like a helmet or pads. Don’t leave a vulnerable part of your body – your mouth – exposed to injury. Add Sioux Falls mouthguards to your equipment to keep your smile safe.
Our dentists can fit you for custom mouthguards that will:
- Fit your mouth perfectly since they are made using impressions of your teeth, not purchased off a store shelf
- Protect your smile better because of their custom fit
- Not require you to submerge them in boiling water to modify the fit
- Feel so comfortable that you won’t be tempted to leave them in your athletic bag instead of wearing them
- Lessen the chances you’ll need costly restorative dental repair like a crown
If you play sports, you should wear a mouthguard. The American Dental Association recommends wearing them for a wide variety of activities, including non-contact sports like skiing. Call us at 605-250-4651 today if you’d like to be fitted for an athletic mouthguard.
Protect Your Teeth From Grinding Damage
We can also provide custom mouthguards that ease TMJ pain and keep you from grinding your teeth, a destructive habit that can damage your smile. Like our athletic mouthguards, they are made from dental impressions, so they fit your mouth perfectly and are comfortable to wear. Most practices take impressions by putting a tray of messy goo in your mouth. We use digital scanning technology to make the process:
- More comfortable
- More precise
Take Good Care of Custom Mouthguards
You’ll want to take good care of your custom mouthguard to prolong its life. Follow our suggestions:
- Brush it gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste after use
- Regularly clean your mouthguard in cool, soapy water
- Keep your mouthguard in a sturdy container with air vents
- Do not leave the mouthguard in direct sun or expose it to other high heat
- Bring your mouthguard with you to dental exams so we can check its condition
For mouthguards in Sioux Falls, call us at 605-250-4651 or use our to schedule online.