If you have a painfully decayed tooth or a broken one, you’ll want to repair it sooner rather than later. Our team does dental crowns and bridges in Sioux Falls with patient comfort as our top priority! Don’t delay your treatment but visit us to find out all of your options.Fix Damaged Teeth with Dental Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
Probably one of the more common situations is if somebody has had an injury to a tooth is broken or it's such an expansive decay that a filling won't hold up for them. So we recommend a crown or a bridge. If they're missing a tooth, it would be a bridge.
The crown itself not only rebuilds whatever of the tooth is broken down, but it actually bonds to the tooth and it helps give the tooth more strength by holding things together and withstanding a rather surprising force that we can generate when we're chewing.
And a bridge, it might not be so much that a tooth is broken down unless one close to the space where the tooth is missing, but a bridge is normally placed because the tooth is gone. And I've got a number of photos in my gallery that it's just night and day and the patient is just so excited and happy because they'd been missing baby canine tooth, one that was kind of close to the front, and now all of a sudden it looks like they have all of their teeth. And again, today's technology, we're able to get those things to blend in so well, it's really hard sometimes, even for a dentist, to tell it's not a real tooth.
We use dental crowns to:
- Repair cracks, breaks, and severe decay
- Seal a tooth shut following a root canal to protect it from further damage
- Replace a single missing tooth by attaching the crown to a dental implant
- Hide cosmetic issues such as misshapen teeth or deeply stained teeth
- Ensure your custom-made, non-metal crown looks natural and blends beautifully into your smile
Fill Smile Gaps With a Dental Bridge
A dental bridge is a versatile option for replacing teeth. Our bridges:
- Are made of beautiful and long-lasting porcelain
- Can replace one tooth or several teeth in a row
- Require no special methods or supplies to keep clean, unlike dentures
- Can be attached to dental implants, so we won’t have to remove any structure from healthy teeth
- Can be attached to nearby teeth, if you’d prefer not to get implants
We’ll Ensure You Receive the Right Dental Restoration
As versatile as they are, crowns aren’t always the right restoration for the job. To keep as much of your natural tooth structure as possible, our dentists may instead repair teeth with:
- Tooth Fillings – We can mend many cavities with a filling made of amalgam (metal). For a more natural look, we can use tooth-colored composite.
- Inlays or Onlays – These restorations are often called partial crowns because they cover more of your tooth’s surface than a filling but less than a crown.
We use high-tech equipment like 3-D imaging to determine which restoration will work best. No matter which one you receive, we will numb your mouth with local anesthesia prior to your treatment. You’ll remain relaxed throughout your procedure with amenities like warm blankets and ceiling-mounted TVs. If you feel nervous or are worried about discomfort, you can also receive dental sedation.
For dental crowns and bridges in Sioux Falls, call Sioux Falls Smiles at 605-250-4651 or .