- Choose metal or composite fillings
- Prevent cavities from getting worse
- Avoid the need for a crown or root canal
Even with diligent daily brushing and flossing, few of us make it through life without a cavity or two. Fortunately, we can repair many cavities with tooth fillings in Sioux Falls.
Our dental fillings will:
- Halt decay before it can get inside your tooth, causing an infection
- Avoid the need for a larger dental restoration like a crown
- Allow you to choose a composite for a natural appearance or amalgam (metal) for added strength
- Allow you to chew food without pain
Select the Dental Filling That Is Best for Your Smile
Some dental practices offer just one option for fillings. Every smile is different, so we offer a choice of two different kinds of fillings. We’ll help you determine which one is best for you, considering your budget and the condition of your tooth, among other factors. Your options are:
- Metal Fillings – Made of a blend of metals called amalgam, these typically last longer than composite fillings and can withstand heavier chewing force. They are also more affordable.
- Composite Fillings – These restorations are made of a material that we can match to your other teeth, so they blend easily into your smile. We also won’t have to remove as much of your tooth structure for a composite filling.
Larger Cavities May Require a Different Dental Restoration
Large cavities may require treatment with a different dental restoration. We may recommend:
- An Inlay – Sometimes called a partial crown, an inlay covers the entire chewing surface of your tooth. It requires us to remove more tooth structure than for a filling but not as much as we would for a crown.
- An Onlay – An onlay is similar to an inlay but slightly larger, extending to cover one or more of the cusps of your tooth.
- A Dental Crown – Since it covers your whole tooth, a crown can be used to repair cases of extreme decay.
For tooth fillings in Sioux Falls, call Sioux Falls Smiles at 605-250-4651 or use our to schedule online.