If you have sleep apnea in Sioux Falls, you probably toss and turn all night. So you know it makes it hard to get a restful night’s sleep. Your snoring prevents others in your household from sleeping too. You may be less aware, though, of how much you can suffer from apnea’s effects during the day. It can make you irritable, moody, and unfocused.
We offer sleep apnea treatment that will:
- Give you a comfortable alternative to a restrictive CPAP machine
- Allow you to breathe easily while sleeping
- Help others in your household sleep better too, by silencing your snoring
- Improve your ability to focus and concentrate on tasks during the day
- Lower your risk of health conditions associated with apnea, including high blood pressure and depression
If you’re ready to get a better night’s rest, ask us about sleep apnea treatment at your next dental exam, or call us today at 605-250-4651. Our dentists can help arrange a sleep study for you, if needed, for diagnosis.
A Custom Mouthguard Is a Comfortable CPAP Alternative
Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when your airway becomes blocked during sleep, often by your tongue or muscles and tissues in your throat. The blockage causes you to wake frequently during the night as you struggle to breathe. Treatment involves keeping your airway open with either a mouthguard or a CPAP machine.
A CPAP uses a stream of air to keep your airway open, which can leave you with a dry mouth and throat. A mouthguard eases your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open. A mouthguard is:
- Discreet – A mouthguard slips easily into your mouth. You won’t need to wear a face mask, and there is no noise from a motor to disturb you or your bed partner.
- Simple to Use – You won’t need electricity, batteries, or distilled water with a mouthguard. So it’s easier to use when you’re traveling – or any time.
For effective treatment of sleep apnea in Sioux Falls, call us today at 605-250-4651 or .