Our caring team does our best to put you at ease, whether you’re visiting our office for a dental emergency or a routine dental cleaning. But we know you may sometimes still feel nervous, even with our gentle touch and soothing amenities like pillows and headphones. When you need a little extra help to relax, ask us about our sedation options in Sioux Falls.
Our sedation dentistry will:
- Enable you to easily ignore sights, smells, and sensations that bother you
- Make you feel more confident about your future dental visits
- Offer you a choice of three different kinds of sedation, so you can choose the one best suited to your level of anxiety and the treatment you are receiving
- Keep you deeply relaxed for long or complex procedures or during multiple procedures
- Relieve a sensitive gag reflex
To schedule an anxiety-free appointment, call us today at 605-250-4651.
Find the Level of Dental Sedation You Need
Your sedation choices range from laughing gas, which is mild enough even for young children, to IV sedation. Here are some factors to consider for each:
- Laughing Gas – We can easily increase or reduce the amount you receive during your treatment, making this our most flexible form of sedation. It takes effect almost immediately when you breathe it in through a small mask over your nose. It wears off rapidly too and won’t leave you feeling groggy as other kinds of sedation can.
- Oral Sedation – You can take a safe prescription pill at home, so you’ll arrive at your appointment already feeling relaxed. You’ll be less aware of your surroundings than with laughing gas, yet you’ll still be able to understand and respond to us. Because its effects last several hours, you will need a ride home.
- IV Sedation – You’ll receive our strongest form of sedation intravenously. It’s a great choice for long or complicated procedures or for undergoing several treatments in a single visit. Many patients don’t remember much about their appointment when it’s over!
To find out more about our sedation options in Sioux Falls, call Sioux Falls Smiles at 605-250-4651 or use our to schedule online.