Gums are important to your smile since they keep your teeth in place. You’re at risk of losing teeth if they become inflamed and infected. In fact, diseased gums may affect your overall health, not just your oral health. Studies have linked gum disease to adverse conditions like diabetes and cancer. That’s why gum disease treatment in Sioux Falls is so important.
Our dentists can:
- Remove the bacteria that causes gum disease with a deep cleaning treatment
- Repair receding gums that can occur in the later stages of disease
- Use a soft-tissue laser to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible
- Perform an incision-free alternative to a traditional gum graft
- Halt the tissue and bone loss that can lead to you losing teeth
- Help you feel better by eliminating unpleasant symptoms like bleeding gums and bad breath
We Treat All Stages of Gum Disease
Many practices treat the early stages of gum disease and so do we, with a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing. Unike many other practices, we can also treat the gum recession that occurs in later stages of the disease.
Our treatment can include:
- Scaling and Root Planing – This treatment removes bacteria from above and below the gumline and helps shrink “pockets” that form between teeth and gums where bacteria can accumulate. We can use a laser to ensure your treatment is both comfortable and effective.
- Antibiotics – To fight the return of bacteria, we may recommend applications of an antibiotic called Arestin®.
- Gum Recession Treatment – To repair receding gums, we can use a gum graft or an innovative treatment called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. Your treatment and recovery are quicker and more comfortable with the Chao procedure since it involves no cutting or stitches.
For gum disease treatment in Sioux Falls, call us at 605-250-4651 or use our to schedule online. Symptoms include bleeding gums, sore gums, and chronic bad breath.