You’ll see many dentists who suggest not bringing your child for dental exams until they are 2 or 3 years old. We’re not one of them, though! We follow the American Dental Association’s recommendation to see your child within six months of the appearance of their first tooth. Pediatric dentistry in Sioux Falls allows us to:
- Encourage a positive association with the dentist that can last a lifetime
- Help you handle teething, thumb sucking, and other early concerns
- Monitor your child’s teeth to ensure they are coming in properly
- Teach your child about the importance of good oral hygiene from a very early age
- Begin protecting your child against cavities and gum disease without delay
Does your infant have a tooth? Then it’s time to schedule a dental appointment for them! Call us today at 605-250-4651.
You & Your Children Will Appreciate Our Kid-Friendly Care
Many if not most dental practices say they welcome families, including young children. Yet at some practices, it’s little more than lip service. You’ll never have to wonder whether Sioux Falls Smiles is a family-centric practice. You and your children will appreciate:
- Digital dental impressions, intraoral cameras, and other technology that helps us minimize poking and prodding during exams
- Flexible scheduling options such as our ability to see several family members in the same time frame
- Ceiling-mounted TVs and other kid-approved distractions
- Laughing gas, a form of sedation that even young children can receive
- Team members who are comfortable working with even very young patients
We Have the Smile Services Your Children Need as They Grow
In the early years, we’ll keep your children’s teeth healthy with preventive services like dental cleanings, fluoride treatments, and dental sealants. As they get older, they may require additional services like:
- Mouthguards – A custom mouthguard protects your child from dental damage caused by athletic injuries.
- Invisalign Orthodontics – Crooked teeth can make your child self-conscious and interfere with normal oral function. We can straighten teeth with clear aligners instead of braces.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – Teens may need to have wisdom teeth extracted to avoid problems like crowded teeth and a misaligned bite.
For pediatric dentistry in Sioux Falls, call us at 605-250-4651 or use our to schedule online.