Adhesive is a part of life for most dentures wearers. After all, simple suction is what keeps conventional dentures in place. And sometimes it just doesn’t work all that well. So most folks add goopy adhesive. Even that isn’t perfect though. Don’t resign yourself to loose dentures! Schedule a consultation at our Sioux Falls office to see if full-arch implants are right for you.
Just call Sioux Falls Smiles at 605-250-4651 now to make an appointment. In the meantime, check out some of the advantages to replacing teeth with full-mouth implants:
- Teeth That Stay Put – As noted above, standard dentures just sit on top of your gums. Suction, often supplemented with adhesive, is all that holds them there. After dental implants are placed in your jaw, they fuse with your bone. So teeth attached to them won’t move or shift out of place. You’ll have a strong bite again, so you’ll be able to enjoy all kinds of food. Go ahead and have a crisp apple or juicy steak!
- Fuss-free Maintenance – When you throw out your adhesive, you can also get rid of special cleaning solutions. After our dentists attach your new arch of teeth to implants, they stay there. You keep them clean just by brushing and flossing. In addition, they won’t loosen over time like conventional dentures. So you won’t need relining procedures to adjust how they fit.
- More Youthful Appearance – You may not know it, but tooth roots stimulate your jaw when you chew. This keeps your jawbone strong and healthy. When you lose tooth roots, your jawbone shrinks. That’s why dentures wearers often develop a gaunt look. Implants function like tooth roots to stimulate your jaw. So your face will remain fuller, and you’ll look younger.
- Enhanced Comfort – When dentures get loose, they rub against your gums. This creates tender spots. There’s no uncomfortable friction with implants. Most people forget all about their replacement teeth!
- Cost and Convenience – During a full-arch implant procedure, a complete arch of teeth is attached to as few as four implants. It’s the most cost-effective way to replace lots of teeth with implants. Since fewer implants are used, it’s also a faster treatment and easier on your jaw.
A consultation is the best way to see if you’re a good candidate for full-arch implants. Call 605-250-4651 today to schedule one.